Monday, February 16, 2009

God, please, make us starved for you!

Dear friends,

I know this is a short post, but hopefully the thought is helpful: An ounce of hunger is worth a pound of experience. I am talking about a hunger to see God move as evidenced by humility, sacrifice, and dedication. In fact, hunger is so valuable that experience minus hunger can amount to arrogance and cynicism. Statements like, “But we’ve always…” “But we’ve never…” and“ Why should we bother to…” are a sure sign that the hunger isn’t there anymore. I've pretty much learned that I can't stay hungry when I'm full of myself. Hunger, I think, covers a mound of inexperience, and so it comes as no surprise that revival often starts with the youth.

I hope God makes us starved for more of Him and His ways. That's when we should get most excited. As Jesus told us in Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." When we get starved for Him, I get excited because I know a feast is just around the corner.

Peace,

Ernest

No comments: