Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear Friends,

Brooke Keith wrote that life is not about being prepared for whatever comes our way. Life is rather about being prepared to choose joy whatever comes our way. Those are good words for those of us who have continued to watch unemployment rates soar and the stock market tank.

Habakkuk seems to back up Brooke's observation. "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

While all else fails, God never fails. Where is our trust? Where is our hope? Where is our joy? In circumstances? In our national leaders? In the wisdom of the 111th Congress? I most certainly hope not!

Peace,

Ernest

No comments: